Getting comfortable at home September 8, 2015
Our home is our ultimate safe haven. There is nothing more cozy than getting comfortable at home after a long day of work or school.There are many ways to relax, but here are 25 ideas on activities that help you unwind when you spend time at home:
- Take a bath or hot shower
- Listen to your favorite music and sing along if you want
- Light some candles
- Cook something delicious
- Bake a cake or some cookies
- Take a nap
- Cuddle on the couch with your favorite blanket and browse your favorite websites on your laptop or blanket
- Read a book or magazine
- Write in a journal or write a letter to someone
- Catch up with your favorite TV-shows or watch a movie
- Enjoy a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate
- Hug someone or cuddle with your pet
- Buy yourself some flowers or a plant and put them in your living area where you can see them well
- Call someone you love or like
- Do some relaxation exercises or meditate
- Organize some of your things and tidy them up
- Redecorate your home or room
- Make some time for wellness and take care of your beauty/grooming routine
- Dance or work out
- Listen to an audiobook or your favorite podcasts
- Do something creative and find your own artistic outlet
- Create a mood board or look for inspiration online to get ideas for your next vacation or a home remodeling or gardening project of yours
- Learn something new. Maybe a new language? Or learn how you can improve your photography skills?
- Enjoy some time in your garden or on your balcony. You can create your own oasis there. Even in autumn and winter you can still do some gardening and breathe in some fresh air.
- Spend some quality time with your partner, relatives or friends. Invite people to your place and socialize.
You know best which activities help you relax and how you can clear your mind when you are stressed out. The most important things is that you make time for yourself and find things to do that are comforting and enjoyable for you. I hope you have a nice time relaxing!